Saturday, July 24, 2010

HTC EVO case w/clip


Finally, I got a case with a clip for my new HTC EVO4G. I'd been looking for one of these contraptions since the time I bought the phone. I did get a cover for it, but I had no way to clip it to my pant pocket. It was a pain, to say the least. I didn't feel safe sticking it in to my pocket because I felt I would lean into something and my EVO would suffer the same fate as my Instinct. Not going to happen with my EVO. So, I had to carry it around in my hand or in my shit pocket. Not good.

Eureka! I went to Best Buy today and there they were. Tons of coves with clips. Like most of you, I really feel the cell phone covers and clips are so over priced. This new cover/clip I bought for the EVO was no different. I paid $34.95+tax for it. However, I have to say that this clip is a very good one. Probably the best phone clip I've ever had. It's sleek, the material feels smooth, durable and light weight. It comes in 2 pieces, a shell that breaks apart and comes together vertically in 2 parts and has a felt cushion on the inside. The other part is a holster in which you clip the phone to. The phone is clipped on the holster with the back facing out. This is a good thing considering the EVO is a touch screen and you want to protect that beautiful screen. The Holster also is lined with felt on the inside to protect the screen, and on the back of the holster is the belt clip. You can clip it on to your pocket, belt or where ever. The clips are firm and the phone is held nice and tightly in place. I must say, I love the fact that clip atop the holster (the one that keeps the phone in place) as well as the belt clip on the back of the holster, are a spring-rocker configuration. This is great! You don't have to worry about waring down the plastic due to constant clipping and un-clipping your phone.

This case is a very good one. Over priced? Yes. The negatives? Well, if you plan on using the EVO as a GPS system in your car while it's clipped? No can do. As I said, the phone is facing in-ward, so you can't see the screen as it's clipped to your visor. Additionally, you can't use to touch screen while driving either. You would have to un-clip the phone, make your selections and clip it back to the holster. But hay, who wants to play with their phone while they drive? Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment