Sunday, July 25, 2010

Hale the IPOD nano 2nd generation















What a device!
I've owned a number of MP3 players, but none can compare to the Ipod nano 2nd generation. I should mention, at one time I was about to toss it out the window. No, not because I couldn't make it work. But, because at one time my computer stopped recognizing it. This was after I had been using it for months. I bought another MP3 player to replace it, when that MP3 player stopped working (a month after I bought it) I returned to my Ipod nano. Miraculously, when I plugged it in to my PC, the device started working again. I was ecstatic. So far so good.

My nano has been through the ringer. At first I was hesitant to take it with me on my jogging routes. I was afraid it was too frail to take out there. After a while I didn't think about it any more. I used to hold all the players I had before in my hand while I ran. Never felt comfortable clipping it anywhere. I did the same with the Ipod. After about a week my sweat seeped into the inside of my Ipod and it started doing very weird things. Like, changing tunes on it's own and the volume level would go up and down on it's own. (this is the reason my PC wouldn't recognize it) Eventually, it stopped working all together. I felt so bad. I knew I should not have held it like that. I knew I screwed it up.

I put my Ipod away for about 6 months. I did with out a music player for that duration. One day I pulled out my Ipod and decided to plug it in just for kicks. The device worked flawlessly. Again, I was elated. Since then this player has been dropped, kicked and unintentionally abused. One time, near the end of one of my runs, I was sprinting across the road and my Ipod popped out of my pocket and landed in the middle of the road. My instinct, of course, was to go back and grab my player. However, there were cars speeding my way so I had to stay out of the way. I stood there in horror as my Ipod got run over by a car. When the coast was clear, I ran and picked up my device. I knew the Ipod was dead. I knew that was truly the end of my Ipod. I picked it up, pressed the play button, and the music started playing. Couldn't believe it. I did have a crack on the screen but other than that the Ipod nano 2nd generation has worked flawlessly. I wouldn't give up my Ipod for any other MP3 player. And, I truly recommend it. It's beautiful, sounds great, very customizable AND VERY DURABLE.

No comments:

Post a Comment