Tuesday, October 5, 2021

The camping bug

 


A few weeks before my trip to Big Bend National Park, I started to get the camping bug. That is, I really got the yearning to go camping again. The last time I had gone camping before Big Bend was decades ago. I started getting the itch after watching camping videos on YouTube. Once that started, it was full speed ahead. Every paycheck I would purchase a little bit of camping gear. A few weeks later I had enough to were I could go do a trail run. I chose the beach at Port Aransas. There I evaluated what I had and what I still needed. What worked and what didn't.

Then, it was on to Big Bend. That had to be one of the best; most awesome time in my life.

After that trip, a week later I camped at Corpus Christi Lake State Park. A short time after that it was on to Goliad State Park. And, a couple of weeks ago it was Choke Canyon State Park. The burning to go out camping again is back again. I'm fit to be tied. However, I have a move coming up soon so I have to shelve the camping thing for another few weeks. Shit! Well, it'll be great when I do go out there again.

I have whittled it down to 2 Parks for the next sojourn. Guadalupe State Park or Palmetto State Park. Both are wonderful and I can't wait to go to either one.

Here are some pictures from my camping trips to Goliad State Park and Choke Canyon State Park.




  



No comments:

Post a Comment